Oracle Enterprise Content Management Solutions ROI Analysis
Enterprise content management (ECM) provides organizations with a platform to house unstructured content and deliver it in the proper format to multiple enterprise applications. With this technology, you can efficiently build content-rich business applications, reuse content, and integrate hundreds of content services with other business applications. ECM helps to decrease costs, automate processes, reduce resource bottlenecks, share content effectively, minimize the number of lost documents, and better manage risk.
Unified ECM provides the full array of content management functionality—including document and imaging management, Web content management, digital asset management, and records and retention management—on one platform. The unified approach yields much greater return on investment (ROI) in just a few years, especially if more than one application is used.
Oracle offers a truly unified ECM suite—a single platform that provides the full array of rich ECM functionality. The unified architecture of Oracle Universal Content Management ensures all ECM applications can be deployed on the same platform, and specific content management capabilities are interchangeable, extensible, and complementary to each other.
The following industry analysis supports strong ROI for using Oracle enterprise content management solutions:
- Eighty percent of digitized information in a typical company is unstructured data such as documents, e-mails, and images. Such content is growing by 50 percent every year.—InformationWeek
- Forty percent of an office worker’s time is spent trying to manage or repurpose unstructured data.—Source: Gartner
- Fifteen to 20 percent of operating revenue is spent fixing problems that stem from bad data.—Source: Gartner
- An overwhelming number of end users—– 82 percent—see ECM solutions as a core element in their IT infrastructure (that is, “a utility service that supports multiple applications”) as opposed to a joint solution to a particular problem (18 percent).—Source: AIIM E-DOC Magazine
- ECM has evolved over time from separate LOB applications to integrated ECM and now, unified ECM.
- Typical business applications require support for multiple content types and multiple content management capabilities. The unified approach yields much greater ROI in just a few years, especially if more than one application functionality is used.
- A unified approach to ECM offers cost savings and better user experiences, and enables simple upgrades, maintenance, and training.
- Oracle Universal Content Management’s unified architecture ensures all ECM applications can be deployed on the same platform, and specific content management capabilities are interchangeable, extensible and complementary to each other.
- Unified ECM provides the full array of ECM functionality on a single platform. The unified approach yields much greater ROI in just a few years, especially if multiple content management capabilities are used.
To find out more about how Softlinx can help your organization benefit from Oracle ECM solutions and estimate potential ROI savings, contact Softlinx sales at 1-800-899-7724 or firstname.lastname@example.org.